Highest Quality of Teaching
At The Strings Club, we only employ the very best strings tutors. All of our courses are led by top Strings Club tutors, who have a wealth of teaching experience as well as years of professional playing under their musical belts!
Everyone who works for The Strings Club, whether an administrator or tutor holds a position of trust and we take the position of safeguarding children very seriously. All Strings Club tutors have to firstly undergo a full DfE vetting checks including key enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checks. Tutors also have to undergo a child protection examination - ensuring that everyone is aware of the importance of safeguarding children in their own role but also to advise others on issues involving safer recruitment. For a copy of our official child protection policy - please contact us.
The Birth of The Strings Club...
Violinist and strings tutor, Amy recognised the power of ensemble-based learning and its positive effect on people's musical skills, creativity, team work, confidence and overall attitude.
Since its early years in 2011, The Strings Club has grown in its number of budding members as well in popularity too with sessions taking place across London and the West Midlands!
Take a look at our courses for complete beginners to advanced here!
At The Strings Club - we believe that instrumental learning should be fun and so the happier our members are, the more they will learn. Motivation is key to learning and this is why we are committed to providing the highest quality of teaching on each of our Strings Club courses.
Visit our student and parent feedback page for our recent testimonials.
Our Course Leaders
- Amy Cunningham - Upper/Lower Strings
- Since 2007, Amy has been leading educational projects across London and the UK. As a leader of string-based projects for children from three to sixteen, as well as adults, Amy holds vast experience in strings pedagogy and has a real passion for teaching a variety of styles from folk to classical to contemporary. Having received great acclaim for her teaching from many music teachers, head teachers and most importantly children, Amy set up The Strings Club.
- Viktoria Zora- Upper/Lower Strings
- Viktoria holds a Master of Arts and a LRAM Diploma in Violin Teaching from the Royal Academy of Music. She is currently studying for a Doctorate in Sergei Prokofiev. Viktoria is also an active chamber musician and currently plays in a piano duo and in a string quartet. She has toured throughout Europe as a member of the European Union Youth Orchestra (EUYO) and has freelanced with the Greek National Opera Orchestra and the Patra SO.
- Abigail Dance - Violin/Viola
- Abigail is a passionate performer of the violin and viola with a great love for chamber music. She has given solo and chamber music recitals throughout the UK as well as France, Canada, Italy the Czech Republic, winning a number of prizes for solo and chamber music performance. She has a busy performance schedule with the Benzaiten Ensemble. She combines her passion for performance with a busy teaching schedule including The Strings Club.
- Phill Ward - Guitar
- Since studying classical guitar and studio composition at the University of Birmingham, Phill has divided his time between performance, music production, and teaching, finding himself in a variety of roles in both music and theatre whilst teaching students a wide range of styles.
As a guitarist and bass player Phill has worked with numerous bands (Sylvia, Katy Rose & The Cavalry Parade, 360) and theatre companies (Kindle, Theatre Alibi).
- Alice Emerson - Ukulele
- Alice has been teaching guitar and ukulele for several years. She studied at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music and has a First Class Honours degree in Music Composition from Middlesex University. She has enjoyed performing on guitar and ukulele at venues throughout London and Brighton playing jazz, rock, blues and folk.
- Corrie-Ann Burton - Ukulele
- Corrie has studied the ukulele for 8 years. She founded, coordinated and performed in community music project ‘Brockley Ukulele Group’ for three years before forming and co-writing material for acoustic duo ‘The Strum Pets’. Corrie also works as a ukulele tutorial video presenter. She loves the ukulele for its simplicity, versatility and its ability to empower a huge range of beginner musicians.
- Angela Najaryan - Upper/Lower Strings
- After initial studies at the Komitas State Conservatory, Armenia where she received the Red Diploma, Angela was awarded a full scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music in London where she has performed with conductors including Sir. Colin Davis, Yan Pascal Tortelier and Ignat Solzhenitsyn, as well as being a regular member of the Academy Soloists. From 2008 Angela has been Lead Violin Tutor, organizer and workshop leader for The Bridge Project, an initiative run by the charity, London Music Masters.
- Julia Rogers - Upper/Lower Strings
- Julia was awarded a scholarship to study Violin at the Royal Academy of Music where she completed her undergraduate and postgraduate studies with distinction and gained her LRAM teaching licentiate.
As a freelancer Julia regularly plays with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. She is also the director of the Sorelli Ensemble who perform regularly for BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Scotland. Julia is passionate about chamber music and is thrilled to be running the Strings Club Hampstead ensemble.
- Jim Parbury - Guitar
- Jim began to play the classical guitar at the age of 10 after hearing a neighbour’s rendition of traditional Spanish piece 'Romanza'. This led to studying for a degree in music at Goldmsiths, University of London, taking lessons with renowned Guitarist Charles Ramirez.
Jim loves to teach and works with after school music clubs including the Strings Club and teaching privately. As a performer Jim plays both solo and as part of a duet, playing at weddings and other functions.