At our Term Time Courses, we’re incredibly proud to be partners with Music Medals, a fantastic award scheme established and run by the Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM). With The Strings Club, your child will be able to work towards a Music Medal award on a regular basis, tracking their progress term on term.
Well done to all children who took their music medal awards last term. We have once again received fantastic results, and are waiting on a few more to come through – Congratulations to each and every one of you!
Take a look on our Sharing and Celebrating page to see the recent achievements of children enrolled on one of our award-winning Term Time Courses.
What’s special about Music Medals?
1) Whereas typically it might take over a year for a beginner to reach the standard to enter for Grade 1, Music Medals can be achieved on a termly basis giving your child something really rewarding and worthwhile to practice towards.
2) Music Medals are convenient for you as a parent too, as they always take place at the venue of your child’s lessons, rather than at an exam centre, and typically on the same day as a regular lesson.
3) The examinations are cost effective with prices beginning from only £11.50 and involve:
- an ensemble-based piece
- a solo piece
- a short musicianship test
4) Starting with Copper and moving up progressively to a Platinum (equivalent to GCSE A* and ABRSM Grade 4 standard), Music Medal awards also count towards valuable points to the Qualifications and Credit Framework, which can be used as part of an academic application in UK.
Entrants are nominated by their Strings Club teacher and, if successful, they will be awarded with a Music Medal as well as their own certificate.
Take advantage of our Autumn Early Bird offer!
Please note – to claim our Autumn Season Early Bird offer, bookings must be made over the phone only. Minimum number of sessions to be booked at our Holiday Camp is 2 mornings, 2 afternoons or one full-day. Discount does not apply to our wrap-around care prices.